The hundreds of rivers and thousands of rapids have earned Idaho the nickname “The Whitewater State”. Every state needs a magnet, and Stanley fits the bill perfectly. Location, location, location. Stanley sits at the headwaters of Idaho’s famous Salmon River of No Return and is the ‘last stop’ before embarking on the 100 pristine miles of the Middle Fork of the Salmon. These two world-renowned rivers bring thousands of rafters to Stanley each summer.
Stanley’s ‘Day Stretch‘ is the perfect introduction to Idaho’s whitewater. This convenient section of the Salmon River offers 1-day rafting and kayaking trips through fun Class II/III/IV white-water along with scenic floats great for all ages and abilities. When it comes to river trips, Stanley has it all from 4 hour family float trips to 6 day adventures through the largest wilderness in the United States.
Choose one of the following outfitters to explore Idaho’s renowned rivers in a fun and safe way.
Salmon River Day Trip Outfitters
- The River Company – 800-398-0346
- Sawtooth Adventure Company – 866-774-4644
- White Cloud Rafting Adventures – 800-571-7238
- White Otter Outdoor Adventures – 877-788-5005
Middle Fork of the Salmon
- Idaho River Journeys – 888-997-8399
- Middle Fork Rapid Transit – 888-433-5628
- Middle Fork River Expeditions – 800-801-5146